Your Staycation Retreat
Travel restrictions and accommodation availability may mean a change to your usual Summer holiday getaway. We all deserve a break, and even if you don’t have a holiday to look forward to, staying very close to home can still be an escape if you plan ahead.
Making your outdoor space – be it garden, patio or balcony – look the best it can, will add appeal and encourage you to spend your precious time off there. Here’s our top tips:
- Choose a country that you may have hoped to visit and theme your staycation accordingly – Greece, Italy, The Caribbean, Malaysia? The world’s your oyster!
- Transform an area in your outdoor space into your holiday zone and add suitable furniture. Plan for sunshine! A cantilever parasol will track the sun and keep you in the shade whether eating or snoozing; it will also provide shelter from passing showers. Cushioned loungers and corner sofa sets will draw you outside to relax in comfort and style. Our cushions are season-proof and will dry quickly following the odd (tropical) downpour.
- Accessorise the space with festoon lights, lanterns, colourful scatter cushions and throws. Citronella candles will keep the bugs at bay when sitting out on a balmy evening.
- Eat as many of your meals outside as you can. Plan ahead and use your country theme for recipe (or takeaway) inspiration. Add a griddle to our firepit tables and cook without leaving the table, teppanyaki style.
- Set up an outdoor bar or buy an outdoor bar set, complete with stools and ice bucket, to get you in that holiday mood. Consider wines, beers or cocktails from your theme country that you haven’t tried before.
- If you have an outdoor projector, a feel-good movie referencing your country will add to the holiday spirit. Alternatively find a new playlist to suit your holiday vibe.
- Take some time to rest and rejuvenate – indulge in that holiday read or podcast. Although you are at home, transport yourself somewhere else in your mind and leave those chores behind you.