Important – You need to have retained your proof of purchase and registered your purchase at www.bramblecrest.com/registration/ within 28 days of delivery in order to claim under this Guarantee. (For further details, please see section 8 below).
Your statutory rights - The terms of this Guarantee are not intended to affect your statutory consumer rights.
1. What is the scope of the Guarantee?
2. Which Bramblecrest products have the benefit of the 3 Year Structural Guarantee?
• Aluminium ranges: includes tables, chairs, benches & loungers
• Woven ranges: includes tables, chairs, benches & loungers
• Classic and Vintage Teak furniture ranges: includes tables, chairs, benches & loungers
• Fabric ranges: includes tables, chairs, benches & loungers
• Upholstered ranges: includes tables, chairs, benches & loungers
If you have bought a Bramblecrest product which is not listed above, it will not have the benefit of the 3 year structural guarantee, but may benefit from a limited 1 year guarantee depending on the product. For further information please see sections 3 and 4 below.
3. Which Bramblecrest products have the benefit of the 1 year Guarantee?
• Parasols, parasol covers, parasol bases, parasol speakers, parasol lights – all models
• Furniture covers
• Firepit cooking griddles
• Cushions, cushion bags and cushion boxes
• Java teak range
• Lazy susans
• Hanging cocoon frames & fixings
• Table-tops: Ceramic, Tree-free, Spraystone, Ceramic Glass, Glass, Teak
• Fabric on upholstered furniture: faux leather/ textilene/ solution-dyed fabric
• Adjustable height table mechanisms
• Recliner chair mechanisms
4. Exclusions from cover
The following exclusions apply to the Guarantee given in respect of all Bramblecrest products (irrespective of the length of Guarantee given above).
Fair wear & tear
This guarantee excludes fair wear and tear and any damage resulting from abuse, whether intentional or accidental including stains, burns, cuts, scratches, tears, scuffs, watermarks, indentations or damage caused by animals. All products can fade when exposed to prolonged periods of UV. In addition, Teak will change from original brown colour to silvery grey colour if not treated. This guarantee will not cover any claim relating to the fading of your furniture. Water ingress on a season-proof cushion or temporary water retention in fabric materials are not covered by this guarantee.
Force Majeure events and extreme weather conditions
This guarantee excludes damage by fire, flood or any severe environmental condition for which the furniture and installation were not designed, including smoke, damp, high temperatures and damage caused by extreme wind.
Normal shrinkage, swelling, cracks and minor warping of wooden furniture is to be expected. Teak in particular can develop naturally occurring splits on the end grain. Wasps or other insects can occasionally attack teak furniture as they are attracted to the high oil content within the timber – this is extremely rare and this guarantee does not cover any subsequent damage. Resin will naturally fade and this is not a defect. The weave used in the Woven range will naturally expand when the material gets hot in direct sunlight. This can lead to a slight sagging as the weave becomes hot. The weave will retract to its original position as it cools down when taken out of direct sunlight. Please note that the loosening or sticking out of individual stands of weave will not amount to a structural defect.
The paint work on the aluminium range may suffer from flaking over time as a result of a natural process known as oxidisation. This is where the paint reacts to oxygen molecules in the air, and such flaking is therefore not covered by this Guarantee.
This timber in this range has many unique characteristics. These can include cracks, grooves, infill pieces, laminations, knots, holes, and colour & texture variations. These features will appear in varying degrees from product to product and are not covered by this guarantee.
Season-proof cushions should be stored indoors during prolonged periods of non-use. In order to prevent mould, mildew or animal damage, cushions should not be stored under a cover, in a cushion storage box or storage sofa throughout the year. If the inner fibre becomes wet this is usually as a result of the air vents being inadvertently exposed to the elements, allowing water to enter the membrane. In this event outer covers should be removed and the internal fibre should be allowed to dry thoroughly prior to use. To further prevent the possibility of cushions becoming wet we would advise the use of a Bramblecrest water resistant cover. During heavier downpours or over extended periods of non-use cushions should be stored indoors.
Fabric on Upholstered Furniture
To help maintain the longevity of the fabric used on upholstered furniture we would suggest the use of a well-ventilated furniture cover. We would suggest the furniture is checked regularly when covered. Surfaces on faux leather, textiline and solution-dyed fabric should always be wiped dry prior to use. Certain clothing and accessory dyes (such as those used on denim jeans) may migrate to lighter colours. The phenomenon is increased by humidity and temperature and is usually irreversible.
Point of sale
This Guarantee only applies to products purchased from official Bramblecrest stockists. To view a list of our official stockists, please click on the following link www.bramblecrest.com/retailers/
Non-domestic Use & Location
This guarantee does not extend to furniture or products which have been used for non-domestic purposes, or to furniture or products which have been taken outside the United Kingdom.
Improper maintenance and assembly
This Guarantee may be invalidated if you have failed to follow or carry out proper care procedures in accordance with the instructions detailed on the Bramblecrest website (www.bramblecrest.com). This guarantee will terminate in the event that you attempt to make any modification to or repair of the furniture without the approval of Bramblecrest.
This Guarantee may be invalidated if you are assembling any of our products yourself (and/or are using any third party to assist) and any defects, damage and/or faults arise as a result of such products being improperly assembled, stored, used and/or not used in accordance with the our manuals, or in accordance with our oral or written instructions as to the storage, commissioning, installation or use of the products.
Please note that if you have purchased furniture from one of our Aluminum ranges, exposure to salt water and sea air is known to significantly speed up corrosion of the paint. We would therefore suggest that if you live in a coastal area, you should wipe down the furniture with water on a regular basis in order to reduce the impact this may have.
It is recommended that furniture is stored away during prolonged periods of non-use or at very least covered. You should ensure that any cover used is breathable and allows the free flow of air. For timber products, the use of non-breathable covers may cause your furniture to become mouldy. The development of mould or algae on any of our furniture will not be covered under this Guarantee. Please note that Bramblecrest furniture covers are only suitable for use on our Woven, Aluminium, Faux Leather and Fabric ranges.
5. Additional Information
If the furniture or product is exchanged, or a total refund is given, the furniture or product that is deemed faulty reverts to the ownership of Bramblecrest. The amount of any claim under this guarantee shall be limited to the original purchase price paid for the unsatisfactory furniture or product.
6. Your statutory rights
The above conditions relating to Bramblecrest’s 3 year structural guarantee are not intended to affect your statutory consumer rights. If you would like further information in respect of your statutory rights, such advice can be obtained from trading standards offices or your local citizens' advice bureau.
7. Important: Keep your proof of purchase safe
8. How to activate your Guarantee
In order to be able to claim under this guarantee, you must first activate your guarantee by registering your purchase with us. You will need to activate your guarantee within 28 days of delivery of your furniture. You will need to provide us with the details of your purchase, including the stockist which you purchased the furniture from. In order to activate your guarantee, please click on the following link www.bramblecrest.com/registration/
9. How to claim under this Guarantee
We hope that your furniture is as expected and without fault. However, it is regrettable that very occasionally this may not be the case and in such instances we apologise for any inconvenience caused. If you wish to make a claim under this Guarantee, please use the following procedure:
1. Contact the point of sale from which you purchased the furniture. For example, if you purchased the furniture from your local garden centre, please contact the garden centre to initiate this process. The organisation from which you purchased the furniture should be able to assist you in relation to this guarantee as long as you can provide them with proof of purchase. If possible, please submit detailed images of the concern in order to assist with the guarantee validation process. Please note that if you have failed to activate your guarantee in accordance with section 8, Bramblecrest will have no obligation to honour this guarantee, but may do so at its absolute sole discretion
2. The stockist will contact you once they have assessed the defect to let you know what action they will take in respect of the furniture if the defect falls within the scope of this guarantee.
3. If the defect or damage falls within the scope of this guarantee, they will contact you to arrange a repair, spare part or replacement, as appropriate. If the furniture is over 12 months old you will be required to return the furniture to us or your stockist at your own cost in order for us to repair or replace it.
4. If you believe your claim has not been adequately addressed by the relevant stockist from whom you purchased the furniture, please contact our customer services team on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries in respect of this Guarantee, please contact email@example.com
This Guarantee is issued by BDP Imports Limited, trading as Bramblecrest.
We reserve the right to make changes to this Guarantee at any time. You will be subject to the Guarantee in force at the time that you order our products and/or use our services.