Our furniture and accessories are designed with longevity in mind – high quality products which can be used over many seasons. We endeavour to adopt responsible work practices which are making a positive contribution towards our sustainable journey.
The majority of our cushion covers are made from yarn spun from recycled plastic bottles. These Eco cushions are reducing the vast amount of single use plastic bottles which are put into landfill every year
All our timber furniture is covered by accreditation. Our Java Teak from Indonesia is fully compliant under the EU Timber Regulation which ensures that timber is imported under the FLEGT (Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade) licensing scheme. Bramblecrest is also a member of the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), an independent organisation that promotes the responsible management of the world’s forests.
Our synthetic rattan is made from a high quality, recyclable polyethylene – this is extremely durable and will withstand the test of time.
Most of our furniture is built on an aluminium frame. Aluminium is 100% recyclable and loses no quality during the process. Much of the aluminium ever produced is still in use.
Solar Panels are used on a selection of our parasols, which utilises energy from the sun to power the LED lights
We use recyclable packaging for our products.
We encourage all our suppliers to act with consideration to the environment and to the welfare of the local communities
Timber Purchasing Policy
1. ManagementThe BDP Imports Limited directors are responsible for the implementation of the policy. All employees involved with timber purchase and logistics are to be made aware of the purchasing policy and are to be annually updated.
2. Timber Legality
The company is committed to purchasing timber from legal sources and keeping up to date with any relevant changes in legislation and procedure.
3. Factory SelectionPrior to confirmation of Purchase Orders, a full and comprehensive factory visit must be conducted. This must involve face to face communication with owners/directors and inspection of production facilities. Factories will also need to provide relevant certificates and documents to back up their timber legality claims.
4. Policy ImprovementsBDP Imports Limited will continuously strive to maintain and improve this purchasing policy. With the recent ratification of the Indonesian SVLK accreditation scheme by the EU, we are able to ensure ALL timber imported is responsibly sourced. The Timber and Timber Products Placing on the Market Regulations (UKTR) and UK FLEGT Regulations apply in Great Britain from 1 January 2021 but the requirements remain the same as under EUTR.
5. VolumesWith the ratification of the Indonesian SVLK/FLEGT Scheme by the EU, 100% of the timber products that we purchased in 2022 is covered by internationally recognised accreditation.
6. Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC)
We continue to be members of the Forest Stewardship Council (Membership number : TT-COC-002436). This involves verification of our FSC purchasing policy and an annual audit to ensure that our FSC timber is sourced in a way that preserves biological diversity and benefits that lives of local people and workers whilst ensuring that is sustains economic viability.